What we do
Improve your English and Maths is a dedicated website by t2 group, one of the largest training companies in the UK.
If you are currently working and feel that you need to improve your English or Maths skills we can help you develop your skills on your job through a range of fully funded training. This funding is available through the Skills Funding Agency in England and Welsh Government in Wales part financed by the European Social Fund.
Useful links to help you with your English
Develop your English
The aim of the course is to help improve your English including effectively speaking, listening, reading and writing for a wide range of purposes in the workplace. The course covers different reading and spelling strategies, planning and writing instructions, letters and different types of text, as well as developing your listening and discussion skills. Task based activities will allow you to practice and apply these skills in ways that are appropriate to the working environment.
Specific areas that will be covered include:
- Understanding and responding to spoken language in a range of contexts
- Communication information, feelings, options and instructions assertively
- Taking part in formal discussions with groups of people
- Listening, understanding and clarification
- Using strategies to support what you are saying
- Presenting information and ideas clearly and confidently
- Responding to and asking questions with confidence
- Appropriate use of language in different situations
- Preparing for discussions and providing information that is relevant to the subject
- Appropriate use of body language
- Constructing compound sentences, using appropriate conjunctions
- Using punctuation correctly, including apostrophes
Learners will achieve an accredited Essential Skills/Functional Skills in the Workplace City & Guilds qualification up to Level 2 in English.
Approximately 6-12 hours of training and development depending on the individual and business needs.
Information for Learners and Employers
Would you like to find out more about our approach to Equality and Diversity, ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development
and Global Citizenship), Welsh Language or about becoming more involved in how we can meet your needs.
To Access our Learner Portal Click Here and to Access our Employer Portal Click Here.