What we do
Improve your English and Maths is a dedicated website by t2 group, one of the largest training companies in the UK.
If you are currently working and feel that you need to improve your English or Maths skills we can help you develop your skills on your job through a range of fully funded training. This funding is available through the Skills Funding Agency in England and Welsh Government in Wales part financed by the European Social Fund.
Useful links to help you with your Maths
Develop your Maths
The aim of the course is to build on your current level of Maths, focusing on skills needed in everyday work and social situations. This includes calculating with whole number, fractions and percentages, ratios and scale, measuring shape and space, as well as using statistics and presenting data.
Task based activities will allow you to practice these in real life scenarios.
Specific areas that will be covered include:
- Identifying and using methods and calculations that are suitable for specific work related tasks
- Collecting and recording data accurately
- Reading, understanding and extracting information from tables, diagrams, charts and simple graphs
- Working to correct levels of accuracy
- Interpreting results of calculations confidently
- Reading and understanding numbers presented in different ways, including large numbers in figures or words, simple fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios and negative numbers
- Identifying appropriate ways to present your findings to a familiar audience, including the use of charts and diagrams
Learners will achieve an accredited Essential Skills/Functional Skills in the Workplace City & Guilds qualification up to Level 2 in Maths.
Approximately 6-12 hours of training and development depending on the individual and business needs.
Information for Learners and Employers
Would you like to find out more about our approach to Equality and Diversity, ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development
and Global Citizenship), Welsh Language or about becoming more involved in how we can meet your needs.
To Access our Learner Portal Click Here and to Access our Employer Portal Click Here.